The nicest person in Hollywood


Today, I wanted to send birthday greetings to the amazing Carol Burnett.
  Several years back, I was in L.A. and had the opportunity to meet her when she was doing a television piece for a friend. During a break, instead of staying with the cast members and people she knew, Carol got up and moved to "mingle" with the folks off the set. I figured she'd just make a quick round and head straight back. I was wrong.
  She stopped and chatted, spending time with each person she met. I mentioned to her that my wife was a huge fan (which I'm sure she hears all the time). She asked for her name and asked if I wouldn't mind giving her our address. I scrounged a business card, wrote it down and handed it to her. She went off and, honestly, I didn't think any more about it. There were a ton of people there and I was sure she was just being polite.
  So, I went home and got busy with life. A week or so went by. Then a package arrived, addressed to Becky (my wife).
  Inside was an autographed photo of Carol Burnett, personally made out to my wife. 
  Nice? Indeed. Above and beyond.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why winning screenplays win

Stone Mountain